UPDATE – MARCH 8, 2022
The City of New York has lifted the Key to NYC vaccination requirements for customers of indoor dining, indoor entertainment, and indoor recreation businesses. Masks or proof of vaccine is not required to enter anymore!
ESCAPE VIRTUALITY’S GUIDELINES FOR HAVING SOME GOOD OL’ SANITIZED FUN!
Escape Virtuality is making some changes to keep our customers and staff safe amid concerns about COVID-19. The customers have always been our #1 priority; therefore, we are implementing strict health & safety guidelines that everyone must follow.
At Escape Virtuality, we are encouraging customers to stick to small group activities such as the escape rooms & virtual reality experiences. This is because they minimize the extent of group exposure and, the person-to-person contact is much lower than other venues such as concerts, sporting events, bars, and other larger gathering places. The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, and it continues to guide our policies. Given below are several steps we have taken to make the experience as safe as possible for our customers and staff.
Our Health and Safety Precautions
- All rooms are private. You will only interact with your group and our game master, no other customers.
- All rooms are limited to maximum 8 people which is less than required by public health orders. We are also among the largest escape rooms in NYC.
- Sanitizer stations will be available at all VR Equipment spots and sanitization will be required before entering all escape rooms.
- All passes and Virtual Reality are by reservation only for now, we are limiting walk in traffic.
- Walk-ins must wait outside before gaining access, you must call us to make a reservation and gain access. We encourage on-line reservations for faster reservations.
- Temperature checks and COVID Self-Assessment Questionnaire must be completed before engaging in any activity. If you show any symptoms you will be denied access!
- No observers are allowed (in order to limit capacity), you must have a valid pass/reservation to stay. No waiting in the sitting area, we have removed the furniture to support social distancing guidelines.
- Extensive cleaning practices, according to CDC guidelines. This includes disinfecting all surfaces and puzzle elements between every game. We have placed multiple hand washing areas and sanitizer stations all over our facility.
- We use sanitizing wipes and solutions that are known to be effective against the COVID-19 virus to clean the entire arcade every day, and throughout the day.
- We encourage our customers to sanitize their own headsets and controllers before and after each use for both their safety and that of others. Customers can ask for additional cleanings or assistance by our staff.
- We have signage all over the facility that encourages frequent hand washing from our employees and customers.
- Signage will be plenty reminding you to wear your masks (when possible) and keeping distance, use sanitizer and wash your hands. Floor markings and equipment distancing.
- Customers are expected to comply with NYC rules requiring masks when entering and leaving commercial or retail buildings.
- Staff will wear masks, face shields and/or gloves for their own protection, and yours.
- Our employees are required to stay home if exhibiting symptoms.
- Schedule is subject to change to limit interactions with other groups. We now have staggered room start times, so that we can sanitize the rooms and minimize customers spending time in the lobby.
- Limiting touch points such as Credit Card transactions which are encouraged to be completed on-line prior to arrival otherwise we will be providing contactless payment solutions. Waivers must be completed before arriving or on customers devices using QR Code/link.
- Waiving the changing date/time fees which is normally charged for changes made within 24 hours of a booking. If you wish to move your booking within 24 hours of your scheduled event, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking information, or call us at 212-300-1075 at least four hours before your scheduled start time. Please don’t come if you are feeling sick!
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is actively and obviously sick.
- We will temporarily close our doors if we believe it is no longer reasonably safe for our customers.
- Failure to follow these COVID guidelines will result in being asked to leave the premises (we will not be offering refunds in these cases)