Are children allowed in escape rooms? Are you looking for a family night out? Are you yearning to try something different, something fun your kids will enjoy? Why not bring them to Escape Virtuality, Rated Best Escape Room for Kids by TimeOut.com, and try one of our three one-of-a-kind escape rooms. Your kids will be talking about for years to come.
Are Escape Rooms for kids?
Yes, our escape rooms are perfect for kids. There is no age requirement and children are always being observed during the game for their safety. Furthermore, not only are our Escape Rooms are enjoyable for everybody, but they are also very intellectually stimulating and can benefit your children in several ways.
6 benefits your kids develop from escape rooms
- Teamwork– most escape rooms can’t be solved by just one person. Let your kids take the lead and work together and see if they can solve the room.
- Problem-solving skills– Most puzzles do not have immediate solutions and not all clues are obvious. Each room is challenging and meant to be solved. Our kid-friendly escape rooms will put your children’s problem-solving skills to the test.
- Time management – Time management is critical. Most escape rooms have a time limit of one hour. Your children will need to work through each problem every step of the way while the clock is ticking. This will help your kids with tests in school.
- Attention to detail – Identifying subtitle clues and working through the process is key to solving any escape room.
- Improved memory – Being able to organize clues, find the next piece of the puzzle, and identify different areas of the room on demand will help your children improve their memories.
- Develop social skills – Why not bring other families or your kid’s friends to join in on the fun? The more the merrier and each escape rooms are the perfect social activity? Perfect for their birthday or bar/bat mitzvah.
Let your kids be part of the game
If this is your kid’s first experience in an escape room, it might seem overwhelming at first. But we have some handy tips they can use to help them maximize their fun and chance at solving the puzzle.
First, and most importantly, don’t do everything for your kids. Step back, let them explore and see how much they can do on their own. Kids often have a unique perspective on the world and can often develop unique solutions that even adults don’t see right away.
As an example: some months ago, we had a family try one of our escape rooms and unfortunately, shut the kids completely out of the process. While their parents were trying fruitlessly to solve the room, the kids kept tossing out suggestions, which the adults unfortunately ignored.
After the allotted time had passed our game master had let the parents know that if they would have followed the suggestion of their kids, they would have come closer to completing the puzzle.
Don’t be those parents. Involve your kids. Let them explore, let them be part of the team. Participating in an escape room is only fun if everyone feels that they are part of the game.
Simple tips for maximum success
Our kid’s escape rooms are the same rooms that are available to everybody. And the tips we provide for your first visit, are generally the same:
- The first thing we recommend is to be organized and be prepared. Arrive at the escape room at least 15 minutes beforehand.
- Next, it is best not to overthink the puzzle. Each puzzle is meant to be a challenge but it is also meant to be solved. We’re not out to make you feel foolish. Look for obvious clues first and build off that.
- When starting the room, it is best to organize your team members. Give each one a role, or to search a different area. Have another member review clues or organize your team? If everyone has a role to play, you’ll be much more successful.
- Also, pay attention to written clues. Some clues will point you where to go.
- Lastly, search for patterns in the room. If you can identify a pattern, you’ll be able to discover more clues that’ll put you in reach of solving the room.
For more, check out our blog, 5 Ways to dominate any escape room.
Discover the best escape room for kids near you. Reserve your room with Escape Virtuality today!